Monday, March 15, 2010

Tissue Flowers

Well today I continued with my "playing", trying to learn some new tricks. I watched a bunch of video's on youtube about flower making because I'm in a homemade flower swap. I'm sorry but I can't find the same youtube video to give the lady that showed how to make tissue flowers the proper credit, but just know this is not my idea!
So the first thing to do was fold your tissue paper and place your diecuts on it, I think I folded the one full sheet about 4 or 5 times. I taped down the dies to hold them in place then ran them thru the cuttlebug.
This was the result of cutting them out, two flowers, with about 8 layers of each size, simple & easy...just the way I like it. So the next step was to use your paper piercer and make a hole in the middle for your brad to go thru and hold the flower together.
Once this was done I scrumpled up the flower but it wasn't feeling "complete" to I took the experiment a bit further. I used my mini mister by Ranger and added water, drops of Cranberry Alcohol Ink, and then a mini scoop of Perfect Pearls Bronze. Spritzing on the tissue paper was kinda scary because it looks like it's going to turn to one big soppy mess...but then I took my heat gun out and it dried so crisp and it even curled in all the right places. I'm so happy I experimented with the spritzing!
I took a photo of before and after the water addition...I think it gives it that extra shine! They do look way better in real life...and I was taking the pictures with my iPhone (Summer is away at camp with her camera!)
I think I may switch gears with my flower swap flowers and give these a go instead....we'll see...I'm a "changing my mind often" kinda girl ;) lol
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Traceemom said...

ooh, I like these Lisa. They're really pretty.